You only get to experience your first dental visit once! We truly understand how special that is and strive to create a fun and exciting time for your little one. We are happy to offer pediatric dental services in SW Calgary.
Happy Visits (Typically 0-3 years old)
- To put it simply, it is a “get to know us” appointment for your child (and you!)
- It is also an opportunity to introduce your child to the dental environment and for them to get accustomed to all the sights, sounds and smells of a dental office
- It is a great opportunity for us to meet your child but also to meet you, the parents! No doubt you will likely have lots of questions and we are here to answer them for you
- Happy visits are complimentary and free of charge until we are able to do a thorough visual exam and cleaning
What happens after the Happy visits?
- We will typically recommend seeing your child thereafter every 6 months for their check-ups
- Each time we hope to see more of a willingness for each child to try a little more
- We will eventually get to the point where we will be able to successfully complete a visual exam and polish their teeth as well
Importance of X-Rays for your Children
- We ideally would like to get x-rays on your kids as soon as the gaps between their teeth start to close, this is typically around the ages of 5-6 years old
- A visual examination can only ever give us partial understanding of your child’s overall dental health. It is critical to complete the x-rays to ensure we are not missing a single issue that may be brewing under the surface of those pearly whites!
- Are you worried your child is scared of dental treatment?
- Our friendly team at Glenbrook dental will do everything we can to provide your children with a safe and comfortable environment to have their dental work done
- In addition we offer Nitrous Oxide or Laughing Gas to help some patients stay calm and relaxed during procedures
If you have any questions regarding your child’s dental needs, please feel free to contact us! We can’t wait to make your child’s dental visit as special as they are!