With advancements in dental technology, you now have
the choice to straighten your teeth using Invisalign instead
of traditional metal braces.
With advancements in dental technology, you now have the choice to straighten your teeth using Invisalign® in Calgary instead of traditional metal braces. This is a great option for treating a variety of different dental issues. Clear aligners can be used for adults, teens, and baby teeth. Whether you have issues with crowding, a crossbite, or perhaps gaps between your teeth, Invisalign® may be able to help. There is a lot to learn about this type of orthodontic treatment and you can start here.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a series of clear aligners in tray form that are placed over your teeth to help improve your smile. Typically, you will wear one set for two weeks until dental changes start appearing then a new set is provided. When the process is complete, you will have straighter teeth that can give you a confidence boost. Show your smile to the world!
Why You Should Consider Getting Invisalign®
There are many benefits to choosing clear aligners over metal braces. Transforming your smile can be comfortable while providing you with the outcome you are looking for. Here are some reasons to consider getting started.
- Look great – Wearing braces can often be seen as impeding your smile. Many people become self-conscious due to metal brackets and wires protruding from their teeth. Instead of feeling this way, Invisalign® helps align your teeth with seemingly invisible and discreet aligners.
- Comfort and low maintenance – It’s crazy how comfortable Invisalign® can feel. These types of aligners gradually and gently move your teeth into position without much maintenance. With metal braces, you must visit the dentist regularly for a tightening. Without wires and brackets, you can move your mouth around without anything poking or scratching your gums and tongue.
- Eat what you like – Yes, it’s true that you don’t have to worry about what you put in your mouth when using clear aligners. They can be removed while eating and drinking so nothing sticks to your orthodontic appliance. Imagine the freedom of having popcorn without having to pick out every little kernel from between the wires after you are done eating. Still, remember to brush and floss your teeth after chowing down and drinking. You should also take care of your invisible aligners by cleaning them with a soft toothbrush and some water.
- Fast acting – Invisalign® is a relatively quick process when you think about orthodontics. Invisalign® in Calgary usually only requires a year and a half at most for desired results. This, of course, depends on the complexity of your situation but your dentist will determine the length of your treatment after a full assessment. It is important to follow the dental rules and wear your invisible aligners for 22 hours a day.
- Easy to speak properly – While it may take a few days to adjust to speaking properly with the clear aligners, Invisalign® is easy to get used to. The smooth material allows your lips to glide over your teeth more naturally with less speech impediment than with metal braces.
Dental Issues that Invisalign® Can Fix
Though, again, it will depend on your situation whether Invisalign® is an option for you, here are seven issues that can be corrected with this type of treatment:
- Crowded teeth
- Gap teeth
- Open bite
- Generally misaligned teeth
Can Invisalign® Work for Your Situation?
If you are trying to figure out if Invisalign® can work for you before asking a dentist, consider the following:
- You have minimal bite issues, crowding, and fairly straight teeth already
- Are focused and dedicated when it comes to how long you need to wear an orthodontic appliance
- Will clean and take proper care of a fitted oral appliance
How Orthodontics Helps You
An Orthodontic treatment fixes bite and alignment problems while reducing the risks of gum disease and cavities. Invisalign® is a multi-beneficial process that is practically a no-brainer when it comes to answering if you should fix your dental concerns. Your dentist or orthodontist will agree that straighter teeth are healthier teeth because they are easier to maintain and can prevent issues with breathing and functionality. A complete examination of your mouth will determine if anything needs urgent care.
Visiting a Dentist
The more often you go to a dentist, the better your oral health will be. At Glenbrook Dental, we provide Invisalign® in Calgary that are custom fit using a 3D scanning of your mouth. This is to ensure the perfect fit for your oral structure. Do you have more questions about Invisalign®? Ask us and we are happy to answer them!