Life can be unpredictable, so it is good to have a reliable dentist when an unexpected issue arises with your teeth. Emergency dental services can take care of “uh oh” moments but what if you had a Calgary dentist open on weekends? This would mean you can make regular appointments to fit your schedule.
Reasons you need a Dentist Open on Saturday and Sunday
When looking for a dentist a key factor should be convenient hours of operation. Why?
You may have just accidentally knocked out a tooth during your Saturday ball game and need dental care stat. Instead of having to search for a dentist with emergency dental services, you can go to your regular dentist knowing they are open on the weekends.
Visiting the dentist you are familiar with means they know your dental and medical history. You can forego the question period and filling out forms about your background because your dentist has everything on record. Familiarity with your dentist puts you at ease, especially in an emergency. There is no need to be anxious about how well the dentist will do their job.
You have a lot going on during the week and are only able to see a dentist on weekends. Forget losing precious work hours and the paycheque that comes with it when your dentist is available for you on Saturdays and Sundays.
You may want to schedule your entire family in for dental appointments for the same day instead of interrupting everyone’s weekday routines. Weekends when your kids have no school, and your significant other is off work is the ideal time to have an oral health check. Make your dental bookings work with your lifestyle.
Smaller Wait Times
A Calgary dentist open on weekends is less likely to be busy. Most people automatically think about booking appointments during the week. Knowing your dentist’s Saturday and Sunday hours gives you the freedom to secure a time that works for you without the waiting period. You have better things to do than sitting in a crowded dentist’s office.
Why is it Important to Visit a Dentist?
Are you wondering if you need a dentist at all? The answer is yes! Visiting a dentist at least once or twice a year for a dental cleaning and check-up is crucial to maintaining a healthy mouth. Your dentist and hygienist will be able to identify problems you may be unaware of and can help with dental issues that need immediate attention. Your dentist can:
- Detect Oral Cancer – Oral cancer can be life-threatening if not discovered early on and treated. Your dentist knows the warning signs and the things to look for when screening for oral cancer and other dental concerns.
- Health Issues – Though dentists are focused on the health of your mouth, they do check your neck, head, and lymph nodes for swelling or other abnormalities. If anything is of concern, they will refer you to a medical professional for further testing and remedies.
- Get Rid of Plaque, Tartar, and Cavities – Plaque and tartar form cavities which can also lead to gum disease if ignored. Gum disease can cause a host of problems resulting in exposed roots. Not only can it be quite painful but in severe cases an infection can put you a risk for losing teeth. Regular dental cleanings help to eliminate plaque and tartar that regular brushing and flossing miss.
- Deep Complications – X-rays are used to see what is impossible with the naked eye. An X-ray is a common part of a dental check-up, allowing your dentist to identify any concerns under the surface of your teeth and gums. Varying issues like bone density and deep decay are visible through X-rays.
- Warn You – There are certain foods and drinks that you should steer clear of if you want to have naturally white and healthy teeth. You may also have some bad habits that are slowly destroying your teeth. Your dentist will offer guidance on nutrition and how to take care of your mouth to help prevent future problems.
Keep your mouth and the rest of your body healthy by visiting your dentist regularly.
Dental Problems Solved
When dealing with a dental concern it is good to have a Calgary dentist open on weekends. If, for some reason, you can’t see a dentist on the day of your choosing or run into an emergency, be sure to seek out emergency dental services no matter what time of the day. Seeing a dentist quickly can mean the difference between a single appointment to repair the damage and an awful situation that requires multiple treatments. At Glenbrook Dental, we are here to help you at all times.